6 AMAZING BENEFITS OF PRP MICRONEEDLING FACIALS
Usually, facial treatments are viewed as a luxury instead of a self-care necessity. But in today’s thirst to look good and feel good, these procedures are becoming the norm. They are meant to improve the health, quality, and beauty of skin. PRP is regenerative and has amazing benefits for the skin. Patients who do PRP facials experience increased collagen production, fewer wrinkles and lines, improved skin tone and texture, and long-lasting results.
PRP facial therapy is also known as the “vampire facial”. It is a miracle treatment that is popular with celebrities and media. This therapy involves a blood draw to extract the platelet-rich plasma from the blood paired with microneedling to trigger the body’s natural healing response. PRP therapy is also used in the orthopedic field because of its regenerative factors. In orthopedics, it is used to help patients with soft-tissue injuries recover quickly. The platelet rich plasma from the blood has powerful growth factors that help the tissues rebuild themselves stronger and healthier.
Here are more reasons why more and more people are using this treatment:
- Increased Collagen Production. As we age (even in our late 20’s and 30’s) we experience a drop-in collagen production rate, which continues to decline. Collagen is an important protein that is in the bones, muscles, skin, ligaments, and tendons. It helps the blood clot and provides the skin it is firmness which is why unhealthy skin is one of the visible signs of low collagen in the body, thus old skin. A PRP facial is excellent for people who have fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging in their skin. PRP enhances the quality of the skin and restores its youthful appearance by boosting the body’s natural collagen production. The production of collagen is triggered when the skin cells are traumatized. PRP facials (Vampire Facials) utilize small needles that puncture the upper layers of the skin during microneedling. New Vitality Centers uses the only FDA approved microneedling device called the Skin Pen. Once the skin is wounded, the existing collagen in the body attempts to heal the skin.
- Fewer Wrinkles and Other Facial Lines. Facial lines and wrinkles are especially annoying for both men and women. Younger and younger people are getting both Botox and PRP facials at an earlier age with the thought of prevention verse correction. These facial lines are slowly erased when the old skin cells are recycled and new skin cells with healthier elastin and collagen are formed. The different signs of aging caused by loose skin are eliminated once the skin starts tightening as a response to the micro incisions on the skin. The deeper folds in the skin also start to disappear and the hollow areas are plumped.
- Improved Skin Tone and Texture. PRP facials are great for all types of scars. Patients with surgical and acne scars, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation, scars from injuries, and other forms of poor skin texture and tone benefits can benefit from PRP facial therapy. As the body produces new and healthier skin cells, the overall appearance of the skin also improves.
- Less Risks and Side Effects. PRP facials treatments do not involve surgery. It is considered low risk with no major side effects. The treatment involves extracting the patient’s own blood so there is no risk of plasma rejection or any negative response from the body. Here is how the PRP therapy works: We get 25 ml. of PRP from the patient’s arm. The blood sample is taken to the lab and placed in the centrifuge which separates the blood into different layers. The PRP (plate-rich-plasma) is extracted and is massaged on the patient’s skin after the microneedling has been performed.
- Painless (relatively painless) Procedure. Before the treatment, the skin is cleansed thoroughly to make sure that there are no irritants or pollutants that might affect the treatment. The patient should not be wearing makeup. After cleansing the face, the provider applies a topical anesthesia to the face. Since the skin around the mouth, hairline, and eye area is extremely sensitive, the provider will use special care to those areas. Patients will feel the device and hear the sound, but the procedure is not considered painful. Patients are encouraged to take Tylenol before or after the procedure.
- Long Lasting Results. The results of the PRP Microneedling Facial appear within a few weeks and will continue to work months after. The collagen production process takes a little while longer which is shy the results constantly improve over time. While some facial treatments such as microneedling alone without PRP is good for only 30-60 days, PRP facial rejuvenation provides high-quality results for up to 18 months! Aging is a continuous process which is why it is important to continually maintain the treatments. This helps patients maintain a younger looking and healthier skin.
New Vitality Centers is an anti-aging medical clinic dedicated to providing patients the safest and most effective non-surgical procedures to help improve their appearance.