It is vital to hydrate for so many reasons. It sounds like a lot; our body and systems need 50% of your weight in water. If you weigh 150 pounds, then you need to drink 75 ounces of water every day. That seems like a lot of water and can get boring drinking plain water.
Do not fall into the trap of drinking water with chemical and sugar enhancers. Article sweeteners may not have calories, but they cause havoc with your body including:
- Increased risk of cancers
- Poor gut health
- Increase diabetes
- Weight gain and more!
Consider INFUSED WATER. It’s so easy! By adding fruits, vegetables, and spices, not only to enhance your water in a natural way but you also benefit from the natural vitamins and minerals. We know we need to drink water, so let’s try to make it fun. Many people are unable to lose weight because they are always reaching for something to “hold them over”. This will not only hydrate you but help you hold off hunger. Water flavored naturally with your favorite flavors provides many natural benefits including:
- Satisfies your hunger and sweet tooth. Many times, when you are hungry, you’re really thirsty.Try infused water before you reach for the snack.
- Improves your digestive health. Water keeps your system “lubed up” and helps your digestive system absorb the nutrients from the foods you eat. Infused water daily will give you a healthier digestive system.
- Speeds up your metabolism. As we age, our metabolism slows. Drinking water naturally increases your metabolic rate. Adding apples, pears, berries, citrus, cucumber, sage, cinnamon, etc. will boost your metabolism.
- Flushes your system. There are many detoxes available but there is nothing better than a natural detox. Fruits, vegetables, and spices will enhance your system. A natural cleaning is much better than a chemical cleaning.
- Better immune system. By adding fruits that are rich in Vitamin C and E will automatically strengthen your immune system. It will help you to maintain a balanced pH which supports your immune system.
- Increases your energy. Fruits are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. These work naturally to give you more energy. Since it helps with hunger, it will help curb cravings. Carb cravings come because you are lacking essential vitamins and nutrients.
- More youthful. This is great for anti-aging. Who doesn’t want to look and feel more youthful? The more water you drink, the plumper your skin will be. Collagen production decreases as we age which makes it all the more important to hydrate and hydrate the right way. If your skin is dehydrated, it will become saggy. Infused water will nourish your skin with extra vitamins and minerals.
Many people get in a slump in the afternoon around 2 or 3 o’clock. A glass of fruit infused water will perk you up and allow you to get a “second wind”. It will help you get out of the habit of grabbing an unhealthy sugary snack that will not support you in weight loss.
There are so many various ingredients you can add. Try not to get into the trap of “needing a recipe”. This will make it too hard for you thinking that you need to have certain ingredients to make it. Just use what you have. For instance, if you have any type of berry, add it along with cucumber or celery.
Or if you want something with citrus lemon alone can be boring. Try adding some lime, cilantro, orange, or grapefruit. Fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables are great, and you can tailor your ingredients around the seasons. =Cinnamon can be great with fall fruits.
You can truly have a different flavor every day. Dive in and don’t over complicate it. You can use one or a combination. A tip to make sure that you are getting the most nutrients and best flavor is to “muddle it a little in a separate container”. This will release the natural flavors along with the vitamins and minerals.